Sports

Tye says he left IPL 2021 to avoid a “lock”; claims strong concerns about COVID among Australians

Written by admin

Image source: IPLT20.COM

Picture of the Pajasthan Royals pacer Andrew Tye file.

Australia and King of Rajasthan Royals Andrew Ty decided to leave in the middle of IPL as he feared he would be “locked up” by his own country following the wave of COVID-19 in India, and said some of his compatriots in the league were considering the same move.

Ty said he decided to leave on Sunday after learning of growing cases of Indian quarantine in his hometown of Perth. The 34-year-old had never played with Royals before and his franchise contract cost 1 kroner.

“There were a number of reasons, but the main one was the situation that started happening at home in Perth with many cases of hotel quarantine coming out of India,” Ty told Doha’s SEN radio on Monday.

“There are now cases of community in Perth governments trying to limit the number of returnees, especially Western Australia.”

Bubble fatigue is also a factor, Ty said. “I just thought about trying to get on my front foot and go home before I’m locked out of the country. It’s been a long time in balloons and hubs – doing the calculations earlier, I think I have 11 days at home outside the August bubble, so for me I just wanted to go home. “

Leaving India is becoming more difficult with each passing day, as many countries impose travel bans, including the UK and New Zealand.
Australia has also reduced flights by 30 per cent and may have more restrictions, with India reporting more than 3 varnishes a day in the last week.

Leading Australian cricketers, including David Warner, Steve Smith and Pat Cummins are part of the IPL. Tye claims that many Australian players want to take the first flight home.

“There are definitely concerns (from Australians). A lot of guys got in touch today after they found out I was leaving. Some of the guys are very interested in what path I took home, and other guys are happy to make sure I’m not well. I’m sure I’ll be the only one. “

“They have over 300,000 cases a day and they are reported alone, we know that there are probably many more than that number that cannot be tested.

“Yes, IPL and BCCI have done an amazing job of keeping us safe, but at the same time it’s hard and you also feel bad about the number of people out there with COVID and we can still play cricket,” said Ty, who has played seven ODIs and 28 T20s for Australia.

Ty is the second Royals player to leave home, citing balloon fatigue and fears of COVID-19 after Englishman Liam Livingstone left before the travel ban from India came into force.

Cricket Australia and the Australian Cricket Association also issued a joint statement Monday saying they were monitoring the situation.

“Cricket Australia and the Australian Cricket Association remain in regular contact with Australian players, coaches and commentators involved in the Indian Premier League, which is held under strict biosecurity protocols,” they said. “We will continue to listen to the feedback of the people of India and the advice of the Australian Government. At this difficult time, our thoughts are with the people of India.”

.


Source

Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: