Motera Stadium will host its first international match since the reconstruction, in which the stadium dethroned Melbourne Cricket Ground to become the largest in the sport.
Motera Stadium can accommodate 1,000,000 spectators, the largest cricket stadium, passing 90,000 marks from MCG in Australia.
The pink ball test between India and England will mark the “debut” of the redesigned Motera in international cricket. As the stadium prepares for the return of international action, let’s take a look at the specifications of the new Motera stadium:
- Motera Stadium has two training grounds with nine pitches. It also includes 11 other sites – six containing red soil and five chernozem.
- The stadium has four locker rooms for players – each connected to two gyms.
- It is said that the state-of-the-art drainage system provides a resumption of play within 30 minutes, even after heavy rainfall.
- Olympic-sized swimming pool and mini 3D theater.
- No pillars of the stadium provide unobstructed viewing.
- Parking space available for 3,000 cars and 10,000 two-wheelers.
- Lack of floodlights: Motera is the first international cricket stadium of its kind in India to have LED lights installed along the roof.
- 76 corporate boxes – The tallest in the world.
- Club house with 50 luxury and five apartments.