The opening duet of Rohit Sharma and Shikhar davan achieved an incredible feat during the third and final ODI of the series against England. The pair became the second from India to win 5,000 partner series in ODI after the legendary duo of Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly.
Rohit and Davan, who began opening together in a format over fifty years ago in 2013, accomplished the feat in their 111th inning as openers.
Tendulkar and Ganguli also formed a great opening pair during their time on the national team.
Rohit and Davan also passed the pair of Australians – Adam Gilchrist and Matthew Hayden, on the way to their 103-driven partnership in the 3rd ODI. It was their 17th-century partnership, surpassing Gilchrist-Hayden’s 16-year record.
Here is a list of the most partnerships as an ODI couple:
- Sachin Tendulkar-Sourav Ganguly (India) – 8227
- Mahela Jayavardene-Kumar Sangakara (Sri Lanka) – 5992
- Tillakaratne Dilshan-Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka) – 5475
- Marwan Atapatu-Sanat Jayasuria (Sri Lanka) – 5462
- Adam Gilchrist-Matthew Hayden (Australia) – 5409
- Gordon Greenridge-Desmond Haynes (West India) – 5206
- ROHIT SHARMA-SHIKHAR DHAWAN (INDIA) – 5023
Here is a list of most partnerships of the century as an ODI couple:
- Sachin Tendulkar-Sourav Ganguly (India) – 26
- Tillakaratne Dilshan-Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka) – 20
- They grow kohli-Rohit Sharma (India) – 18
- ROHIT SHARMA-SHIKHAR DHAWAN (INDIA) – 17