FA Cup: Chelsea reach the final to end Man City’s quadruple offer

Written by admin

Image source: AP

Chelsea will return to Wembley Stadium next month for the FA Cup final, after the 1-0 victory over City was reported by Hakim Zieh on Saturday.

Manchester City’s quadruple dream has been extinguished by Chelsea. Even more worrying could be the injury of Kevin De Bruyne due to the ongoing pursuit of high frequencies.

Chelsea will return to Wembley Stadium next month for the FA Cup final, after the 1-0 victory over City was reported by Hakim Zieh on Saturday.

Pep Guardiola will return earlier next Sunday with City for the League Cup final, but has doubts whether De Bruyne will be able to face Tottenham.

“It doesn’t look very good,” Guardiola said. “But we’ll see tomorrow.”

The influential Belgian playmaker withdrew with an obvious ankle injury just as City entered a crisis period of the season.

An 11-point lead in the Premier League makes the collection of this trophy almost certain, but there is also a first Champions League semi-final with City for Guardiola against Paris Saint-Germain in what remains a priority title for the club.

“We started the game a little slow and fought a little in the first half,” said City midfielder Fernandinho.

While Guardiola led City for almost five years, Thomas Tuchel was at Chelsea for only three months.

After lifting the pieces after the shooting of Frank Lampard, the German now has a chance for a trophy in the FA Cup final against Leicester or Southampton next month. And like City, Chelsea remain in the dispute for the Champions League, and Real Madrid expects in the last four.

“All the ways are still open, everyone is excited about it,” Ziyech said.

“And we can’t wait to play those games.”

The execution against City will offer Tuchel the promotion of silverware. While Timo Werner is fighting for goals, assists are a minor problem. He was his

12th of his first season at Chelsea, putting Ziyech for a close-up finish in the 55th minute in an unguarded net after US goalkeeper Zack Stephen was left blocked.

“Their goal was indecision in my hands and I will learn from it,” Stephen said.

“You have to move on, and I’m proud of how the boys fought and didn’t give up. The good thing is that there is another game in three or four days, so we can’t get too little for this one. “

There were no Chelsea fans to witness the goal in person. But they must be released back to Wembley for the final on May 15, as the restrictions on the coronavirus have been eased.

How to get back to the seats safely will be judged at Wembley on Sunday, when up to 4,000 locals from north London can see

Leicester will take Southampton if it can lead to a negative coronavirus test.


With the remaining six games, the Premier League lost its first team on Saturday. Sheffield United experienced the earliest relegation in the history of the race, along with Ipswich, Derby and Huddersfield, after losing 1-0 to Wolverhampton.

Last season, both the Wolves and Sheffield United finished in the top half of the standings. The Wolves fell to 12th place in this campaign, and Willian Jose’s goal confirmed the end of United’s two-season last place in the top division.

“We’re starting from a better position now, financially stronger and with a lot more experience on the team,” said Paul Hackingbottom, interim manager after Chris Wilder’s dismissal from the club’s Saudi property last month. back up.

“Everyone’s career is at stake, personal pride. They must take control of their own performances. The struggle and the spirit are there, we have just been brief.

There have been many injuries in the dressing room for a long time. “


Newcastle moved nine points from the relegation zone with a 3-2 victory over West Ham.

Newcastle took the lead through an own goal by Isa Diop and Craig Dawson was sent off to receive a second reservation in the accumulation. Joelinton’s crane extended

Newcastle’s lead before halftime, but was destroyed by Diop’s head in the 73rd and Jesse Lingard’s penalty after Kiaran Clark’s treatment.

Newcastle regained the lead with a powerful header from Joe Willock.

“I’m not going to take anything for granted,” said Newcastle manager Steve Bruce. “



Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: